Thursday, June 23, 2005

Home or Homezone

When I got back to the places I had left in January in the town where I had been living for six and a half years, I started wondering what home ment to me. Friends asked me whether I would suffer from home sickness or had at least mist the town. But I had not. It was all more or less the same, nothing big had changed exept my old room in the appartment I had lived in.
I have always missed the people, my friends and my buddies.
Anyway, when I finished my visit and got on the train it was stranger to leave than to arrive. Somehow I suddenly realized that I was leaving my old home. I will have to find a place in my mind for Cologne. It is not home like my hometown where I was born is and it is not home in the sence of the place where I live. It is somewhere in between.
It was good though to return and I will again sometimes. What I still have at the Rhine is my homezone. To call with my mobile is cheaper there than anywhere else. Time to move that sweet homezone too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home